Great as a stock replacement, our exhaust manifolds were designed with expansion joints and heavy webbing to prevent cracking. The exhaust runner design maintains exhaust velocity to drive the turbine wheel. Runner size does not go beyond the size of the exhaust ports on the head because when the runners are larger, the velocity to drive the turbo is lost due to the expansion and temperature in the exhaust manifold reduces the turbine drive pressure needed for turbocharger response.
On engines with enhanced fuel flow and larger turbochargers, the principal remains the same. Velocity and temperatures are needed to drive the turbine wheel which turns the larger compressor wheel that supplies the extra volume to attain proper air-to-fuel ratios.
- Fully divided pulse manifold design
- Pre-drilled for pyrometer probes
- High-silicon ductile iron
- Designed to withstand extreme temperatures and vibration
- Great for stock and performance installations
- Connection joints allows for expansion and contraction
- Prevents cracking or exhaust leaks
- Quicker turbo spool up
- Reduced back-pressure
- Increased power
- Kit includes stainless steel hardware
- Gaskets are available separately
- Replaces Cummins # 3946036
- Can be used as a direct replacement for Cummins part number 3946036 used on pick-up engines.
- Does not include exhaust manifold gaskets or turbo mounting gasket. See related products below for correct kit.