Modern engines use an exhaust gas recirculation system to reduce exhaust emissions and pollution, but these devices negatively affect the longevity and performance of diesel engines by increasing the likelihood of soot building up in the intake manifold. To combat this on 2010 to 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks, the Sinister Diesel EGR 6.7 Cummins Delete Kit improves engine performance with faster turbo spool and lower engine temperatures, although keep in mind, this modification is only intended for trucks that will be competing in off-road or racing events (and is not applicable to cab and chassis models).
With the Sinister Diesel EGR 6.7 Cummins Delete Kit, the intake air is cleaner and exhaust gas flow is improved, and when an engine breathes better, it performs better. Not only that, but removing the EGR also reduces the soot buildup in the air intake helping to reduce maintenance costs and extend the engine's life, while the kit also improves coolant flow for cooler engine operating temperatures. The truck's engine computer will have to be tuned so the EGR 6.7 Cummins Delete Kit does not cause the check engine light to come on.
The main components for this Sinister Diesel EGR 6.7 Cummins Delete Kit are constructed of nickel plated steel and machined billet aluminum, and they are fully TIG welded and pressure tested for optimal performance. The EGR block off plate and coolant reroute hose are finished in the Sinister Diesel signature blue color for an added dash of color under the hood. The kit comes with all of the hardware required for the installation.
- Eliminates soot build up and clogged EGR Valves
- Coolant temperatures run cooler because they are not running thru EGR Cooler
- Hot exhaust gasses are not being re-routed back into the motor
- Coolant re-route hose included (no blocked off coolant hoses)
- Completely replaces EGR Valve & EGR Cooler, No other parts required for installation
- Includes transmission dipstick and coolant hose bracket
- Includes detailed installation instructions
- Exhaust manifold plates are tapped for EGT probe