Gain control of your vehicle with proper steering when you add the RedHead Steering Gears 2881 Steering Box (6-Bolt Cover) to your 2012-2019 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 4WD (For Trucks with 6-Bolt Top Cover). Made for a direct-fit replacement, this Steering Box does not require any modifications for installation. Remanufactured from quality materials, each RedHead Steering Box is built to be stronger than the OE unit. Family owned and operated, RedHead has more than 40 years of experience specializing in steering boxes.
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Meets & Exceeds Factory Specs
- Shafts Are Flame Sprayed Or Replaced As Needed
- New Control Valves Installed On Some Applications
- Housing Are Machined And Needle Bearings Installed
- Sealing Surface Polished To A Higher Polish Than New
- Sector Shaft Checked On A Lathe For Straight And True
- Worm And Piston Assembled With New Precision Fit Steel Ball Bearings
- Ratio: 15:1 (3 Turns)
- Input: 2 Flat With A Notch
- Output: 44 Spline Sector (Centered), And 4 Of Those Are Master Spline
- Fittings: O-Ring
- Weight: 45.00 lbs
HOW DO I BLEED, OR PURGE AIR, FROM MY STEERING GEAR BOX SYSTEM?
- After installing the gearbox, fill the system with fluid.
- Raise the front wheels off the ground, do not start the vehicle.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth, lock to lock, 15-20 times.
- Leave the vehicle sit (overnight is best) at least 2 hours
- Top the pump reservoir off again.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth again 7-10 times
- Have a person in the vehicle and another at the pump reservoir with a container of fluid & funnel ready to pour if necessary.
- Instruct the person in the vehicle to start the engine. As soon as this happens, if the fluid level drops, be ready to pour in more fluid. The level must be kept at an almost full level or it will suck in air again.
- If this procedure is followed properly, the air problem will be solved.
- 6 Bolt Top Cover
- For 2012 Trucks Always Check Number Of Top Cover Bolts
- Only for use on pickup models. Not for use on Cab & Chassis.
- This steering gear is for use on models where the steering wheel turns 3 times from lock-to-lock.