Gain control of your vehicle with proper steering when you add the RedHead Steering Gears 2879U Steering Box (6-Bolt Cover) to your 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 (Mopar Upgrade With Larger Sector Shaft). Each Steering Box is built for a direct-fit installation that fits in the factory location. RedHead is a family owned and operated company with more than 40 years of experience providing quality remanufactured steering boxes. Remanufactured from quality materials, each RedHead Steering Box is built to be stronger than the OE unit.
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Meets & Exceeds Factory Specs
- Shafts Are Flame Sprayed Or Replaced As Needed
- New Control Valves Installed On Some Applications
- Housing Are Machined And Needle Bearings Installed
- Sealing Surface Polished To A Higher Polish Than New
- Sector Shaft Checked On A Lathe For Straight And True
- Worm And Piston Assembled With New Precision Fit Steel Ball Bearings
HOW DO I BLEED, OR PURGE AIR, FROM MY STEERING GEAR BOX SYSTEM?
- After installing the gearbox, fill the system with fluid.
- Raise the front wheels off the ground, do not start the vehicle.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth, lock to lock, 15-20 times.
- Leave the vehicle sit (overnight is best) at least 2 hours
- Top the pump reservoir off again.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth again 7-10 times
- Have a person in the vehicle and another at the pump reservoir with a container of fluid & funnel ready to pour if necessary.
- Instruct the person in the vehicle to start the engine. As soon as this happens, if the fluid level drops, be ready to pour in more fluid. The level must be kept at an almost full level or it will suck in air again.
- If this procedure is followed properly, the air problem will be solved.
- This is the Mopar upgrade, with a 6-bolt top cover.
- It is not a direct swap with the OEM Box and does not work with your factory pitman arm.
- Comes with New Tie Rods and Stock Height Pitman Arm
Click here for more details