Replace the damaged or worn steering gear in your 2005-2008 Ford F-250/350 (Built Before 7/30/07) with the RedHead Steering Gears 2768 Steering Box (4-Bolt Cover). Family owned and operated, RedHead has more than 40 years of experience specializing in steering boxes. Remanufactured from quality materials, each RedHead Steering Box is built to be stronger than the OE unit. Each Steering Box is built for a direct-fit installation that fits in the factory location.
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Meets & Exceeds Factory Specs
- Shafts Are Flame Sprayed Or Replaced As Needed
- New Control Valves Installed On Some Applications
- Housing Are Machined And Needle Bearings Installed
- Sealing Surface Polished To A Higher Polish Than New
- Sector Shaft Checked On A Lathe For Straight And True
- Worm And Piston Assembled With New Precision Fit Steel Ball Bearings
- Ratio: 18:1 (4 Turns)
- Input: 27 Splined with Single Flat
- Output: 33 Spline Sector w/ 3 Master Splines, Large Shaft (No Lock Washer on Sector Shaft)
- Fittings: O-Ring
- Weight: 33.00 lbs
HOW DO I BLEED, OR PURGE AIR, FROM MY STEERING GEAR BOX SYSTEM?
- After installing the gearbox, fill the system with fluid.
- Raise the front wheels off the ground, do not start the vehicle.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth, lock to lock, 15-20 times.
- Leave the vehicle sit (overnight is best) at least 2 hours
- Top the pump reservoir off again.
- Work the steering wheel back and forth again 7-10 times
- Have a person in the vehicle and another at the pump reservoir with a container of fluid & funnel ready to pour if necessary.
- Instruct the person in the vehicle to start the engine. As soon as this happens, if the fluid level drops, be ready to pour in more fluid. The level must be kept at an almost full level or it will suck in air again.
- If this procedure is followed properly, the air problem will be solved.
- For 2008 models, please check production date. This unit is for models produced until 07/2007.